Wednesday, October 5, 2011

The Bayelsa Social Scene.

So it's been a year since I left the comfort of the Federal Capital due to my the office posting of my day job (not that I like it), to the unknown world of the Niger Delta area of Bayelsa State. When news broke that I was gonna be posted out of Abuja, I literally broke down in tears as I was faced with the pressure at missing some of the best parties, events and in general, the whole Social Scene in Abuja. Enough of the melodrama and all, let's get down to brass tacks.
So i got to Yenagoa, Bayelsa State this time last year and I was pretty sure i wasn't gonna enjoy my time here. Several months passed by and I was already nagging about moving back to Abuja even to the point of escaping work at regular intervals to attend one or two events in Abuja. But then, I said to myself, "Dude, you gotta conquer this feeling, get up and do something". Just like that, I picked myself off the ground and started hitting the scene by all means necessary.
Then i discovered the Social Scene in Bayelsa to be, well, not like the Abuja and Lagos ones but at least something I could do with. So I now started to assert myself into the Social Scene of Bayelsa State. I still could not believe that it took me 3 weeks to not only know the clubs, but to force my way into the lifestyle that I now find myself in.
Introducing V10 Lounge. This is by far THE BEST club to be @ in Bayelsa State. I have to give props to the CEO, Baka for providing the solace I needed to escape the frustration I found myself earlier in my time in Bayelsa. The club provides what may likely be the arguably the best services in the whole Niger Delta (Una PH peeps, no vex). The Ambiance, the Music, the Crowd and most definitely the Shawarma over there. The shawarma is just right after a night of Binge Drinking and Dancing. Anyways, V10 made me chill and relax even to the point of not leaving sef (see me now loving Bayelsa after my earlier frustration).






Then there's Bishop's Court. The outdoor/indoor club is home to the elite who's not looking to sweat and rough it up at the club. The scenery outside brings to it an outlook which gives it's customers the best feelings ever. From the Fish meals to the highly affordable drinks, Bishop's Court gave me an idea of a cool place to chill and relax even after work. It's one of those clubs where you would wanna chill and have fun without looking to dance and all.
Other clubs like My Place: Liquid Bar provided the Karaoke solution while errrr.... Oh, there's the strip joint too. I would not name the club in this post.
Anytime, ya'll wanna visit Bayelsa, holla @ Sir Timmy. He's got the place on LOCKDOWN.

PHOTO CREDITS = Sir Timmy Photography.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the famous V10 Lounge!! I'm glad I now have a visual to go with the name. Great decor. Good to know you're at peace in Bayelsa now. ;) Keep doing it big, yo.

    ReplyDelete